14.8.09

Bus or Flight

The distance between Kuala Lumpur and Penang is about 400km. Being the two largest cities in Malaysia, there are many people including business man and travellers, traveling between these two city as I do.

To be cost effective and environmental conservative, I take public transport instead of driving a motorcar.

My destination is Subang Jaya.

Previously I took the ordinary express bus which stop at Pudu Raya, which cost me around RM32. Then I took LRT and Monorail to Time Square, cost around RM2.40 if I am not mistaken, and then my friend will pick me up. I think if take a cap from Time Square to Subang Jaya will cost at least RM20. So, total cost will be RM54.40, despite the tiring walking, rushing and transition from one place to another.


Later on, my friend told me about Aeroline, which provide punctual, clean, superior, first class express bus service from Penang to Sunway Pyramid. A meal and drinks are provided. You can enjoy movie on your comfortable seat ready with small pillow and blanket (on request), or you can read some newspaper or magazine at the rest room.

The journey is pleasant, comfortable and I can sleep peacefully...then when I opened my eyes, arrived at my destination. Well, RM55 for the trip, but I save a lot of time and no other expenses.


Then come to Air Asia flight promotion.
My friend manage to grab me a seat from Penang to LCCT Kuala Lumpur at RM41 only, plus the sky bus to KL sentral, total is just RM48.50 nett. Yet, it was too early of being grateful.

Check in 45mins before the departure time and travel by car from my house to Penang International Airport takes around 45mins. Luckily, the flight delayed 30minutes only (delayed of flight for 1 or 2 hours is common so I was lucky for 30minutes only!). After 50minutes flying, arrived at LCCT, took Sky bus to KL sentral 1hour and 30minutes. Buy a Komuter ticket to Subang Jaya, wait for the train 40minutes, squeeze into the terribly crowded train, 30minutes arrived at Subang Jaya. Despite the tiring transition from car to flight, to bus, to train, and walking, the journey took me nearly 9hours!

I learn a lesson from this painful experience...free ticket is not always good...

No comments:

Post a Comment